Here at Applegarth we install and maintain EV Chargers for the public sector, right across the North West. We are one of the few OLEV (Office For Low Emission Vehicles) approved installers in the North West. This means that we are able to install EV Chargers under the ORCS (On-Street Residential Chargepoint Scheme). We have recently installed EV Chargers for local authorities, councils, university’s and colleges.
What is the on-street residential charge point scheme?
The ‘On-Street Residential Chargepoint Scheme’ provides grant funding for local authorities, towards the cost of installing on-street residential charge points for electric vehicles. The aim of the grant is to provide charging infrastructure to people who don’t have access to off-street parking. The scheme provides up to £7,500 towards an EV Charger.
How does a local authority qualify for the scheme?
To qualify for the scheme the local authority must have explicit support of the Highways Authority. The local authority must prove there is existing demand in the area, or explain the reason why they want to install an EV charger on that street. The EV Charge points must be placed in residential areas that lack off-street parking, with pay-as-you-go access and be able to provide data to OLEV (Office For Low Emission Vehicles) for 3 years.
How does the scheme work?
The on-street residential chargepoint scheme gives local authorities access to the £2.5 million grant. This can be used to partially fund the procurement and installation of on-street EV Charger infastructure. The scheme is managed and supported by the Energy Saving Trust. Residents are able to submit a request with their local council for an on-street EV Charger. Funding is available for 75% of the cost of installation and a parking bay. The remaining 25% must be funded by the local authority.
Areas we cover
We install and maintain public sector EV Charge Points in the following locations:
and the surrounding areas.
Get in touch
If you are interested in having a public sector EV Charger installed, or have any questions, you can call us on 0151 649 8350. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.